For this blog post, I thought I would share a little bit more about me. If you're a new subscriber, you might not know much about me. I'd love for us to get to know each other a little bit more.
1. I live in Minneapolis, specifically NE, which I love. I'm a Minneapolis girl all the way. I grew up in North Minneapolis, and I plan on living here for a while. It's the best city (but I might be a little biased).
2. I live in a four-plex style apartment with my husband, Gus. We've been married for one year now! He is the one behind the camera making me look good. He is the most kind and serving person I have ever met. Being married to him is the best kind of adventure. He really is my best friend. We plan on living in our apartment for a while longer before we start looking for a house!
3. I often get questions about my racial background. I am of mixed European (mostly French/German/Swedish) background and Native American (Mohawk mostly). I have always felt strange answering this questions, because you get a lot of opinions about it. Whether or not people think you're enough of a percentage or if you look enough of one background or another. This can make you pretty confused about who you are. But really as I've become older, I've realized I didn't choose what my racial background is. I didn't choose how I was raised. But I can walk proudly in who I am, and people are always going to have opinions about who they think you are. But really only you can know who you truly are and God, our creator. If you pay too much attention to everyone's opinions, it holds you back from walking in who you are. So I'm on that journey of knowing who I am and operating from that mindset, instead of what labels people put on me. Because labels never do a good job of describing who you are. So if you're someone who can identify with that journey, I hope you take encouragement from this, and walk confidently in who you are. Not in what others say about you.
4. Whoa number 3 was kind of long! I'm 5'4" and growing up always wanted to be tall, but it never happened for me! My husband is 6'4" so maybe our future children have hope:)
5. My favorite sport is basketball, and I grew up playing in school and with my family. (Probably why I wanted to be taller)
6. I make handcrafted beaded earrings that I learned when I was 12 or so.
7. I have two older sisters and two younger brothers. I have THE best siblings. We are all really close.
8. I am a catering coordinator/server IRL at the Draft Horse restaurant in NE Minneapolis. It is such a cool place. If you're Minnesota based, I would highly recommend it. I would love to blog full-time, and that's what I'm working toward.
9. My Blog name and Instagram name, Lady LeSavage, is from my last name LeSavage. My actual first name is Alyssa.
10. My favorite pet is a Dachshund. My family has had three of them growing up, and I want to get one of my own soon! Our apartment right now doesn't allow us to have pets.
Thanks for taking the time to read!
Tell me something about yourself in the comments!
xoxo, Lady LeSavage